Emily Wallen, Licensed Professional Counselor, works to help people find solutions! She is an experienced counselor and assists clients who may be suffering from mild, moderate or severe mental health symptoms such as depression, anxiety, mood disorders, bipolar, chemical dependency, sexual issues, or trauma and recovery. She also works with family wellness, relationship/intimacy challenges and multicultural/multiracial issues. Emily enjoys working with adults, adolescents, couples and families and children ages 10 and up.
Emily Wallen’s professional background includes experience working with addiction/recovery and psychiatric treatment in an administrative and inpatient and outpatient setting. She previously worked at Baylor Scott and White All Saints Behavioral Health for five years before joining LWC in private practice. Emily began her career in this field by working as a mental health technician at a state hospital. She has served in a variety of roles, including tech, case manager, group facilitator, educator, program coordinator, emergency assessment clinician and seasoned counselor.
Emily provides counseling services with a number of effective methods. She is a proponent of practicing Positive Psychology strategies to help people find purpose and meaning in their lives and learn happiness skills to flourish. People motivated to change have always inspired Emily and the miracle of change could inspire you too.
- Texas State University – San Marcos. M.A Professional Counseling
- University of Houston – B.A. Psychology
- Licensed Professional Counselor since 2005.
- Recent research and development of positive psychology materials to assist patients/clients in learning to use methods to build well-being and happiness skills (2014 – 2017).
- Provided training on personality disorders for Job Corps behavior management staff.
- Co-initiated and co-facilitated emotional regulation counseling groups in a Job Corps environment.
- Provided training on needs of children with ADHD to community center teachers.
- Co-facilitated group counseling for adolescents referred by justice system for drug/alcohol- related charges.
- Numerous trainings on personality disorders and treatment of trauma survivors, including for veterans.
- Initiated independent research on team building, intuition and forgiveness.